SUMMER/FALL UPDATE 2019
Woah - it's been about 4 months since I've updated you (with good reason!) Fortunately, my absence has been because of how busy I've been over the summer. A few things:
- The album is doing great! Copies are selling at shows, and I've already gone through the copies that were in stock on Cd Baby. I'm gaining online listeners as well on Spotify, Google Play, Apple Music, etc.
- On July 27th, I was invited to open a show at Jannus Live in St. Pete. This venue is HUGE and it's the biggest stage I've played (right next to the one I played back in 2016 at Coachman Park for the Live Love Local fest). Sponsored by WMNF 88.5 (a Tampa-based independent station that showcases local artists and events), the show was a 50th anniversary tribute to the legendary rock band, Led Zeppelin. With two of my most beloved bandmates by my side, we opened the show with 3 songs - it was a very mellow and stripped down set (perfect for opening the show).
- I've been playing a few shows that are beyond my typical "gig" spots. A few notable residencies I've picked up are:
* Seminole Hard Rock Hotel & Casino (both on the Hard Rock Cafe and Council Oak Steakhouse stages)
* Straz Center (along the Riverwalk)
* Tropicana Field for the TB Rays games
* AC Hotel Tampa (Marriott)
* Tampa International Airport
* Jannus Landing (upstairs from the Jannus Live stage)
- My media presence has been gaining attention as well! I've been doing several podcasts and local radio interviews about the new album. You can find the full list on my ELECTRONIC PRESS KIT under "Media Appearances".
- Currently, my album is being played on various stations across the U.S: Texas, New York, Georgia, Ohio, Massachusetts, and Florida. Even more, the album has gotten airplay INTERNATIONALLY in Canada and Australia.
As always, I'm continuing to write new music, and I'm playing roughly 25-30 shows a month. I couldn't do it without everyone's support, so I thank everyone who has been keeping up with me. I can't even begin to explain how blessed I am to be able to do what I do.
Keep in touch everyone :)
THE ALBUM IS HERE!
It's here! My new album, "Brave" can be found on all popular streaming and downloading sites (Spotify, iHeartRadio, Google Play, Amazon, etc), as well as CDBaby and my live shows!
The link to purchase is here: https://store.cdbaby.com/cd/frankieraye24, and the handle for the streaming and downloading sites are /FrankieRayeMusic!
I'm truly grateful for this entire process, and I'm so excited to hear what everyone thinks!
Winter 2019 Update
Just a few quick updates for the new year:
1. NAMM was incredible! I met so many talented musicians, including Emily Elbert (one of my personal favorites). On Saturday evening, I was lucky enough to secure a slot at a songwriter showcase in Anaheim. The showcase was at The Fifth, a rooftop bar looking over Disney Land. Incredible - the show was a success! I posted a few clips on my Instagram Account, so you can check out the performance there! Big thanks to Elite Acoustics for allowing me to have a life-changing experience (and or making amazing portable PA systems!). Also thank you to Christian Simmons from SMAX Entertainment for putting together a wonderful showcase for us songwriters to be a part of :)
2. The album is (finally) in the mastering stages, which means this thing should be releasing soon! I don't have an exact date, but once I send in the album to be pressed, I'll have a date. Meanwhile, I'm continuing to promote it through some local radio/tv programs, such as the Songwriter Show, Ally's Attic, and even ABC's Tampa Tampa Bay Morning Blend! The credit for these appearances point to Bruce Wawrzyniak, president of Now Hear This, a management company I've been working with since November of 2017.
3. I'm still playing out daily - I've added a couple bigger venues for this year, including The Straz Riverwalk, and Hard Rock Tampa! As always, you can keep up with those shows on my social media sties, and the live show schedule on this website. This is all thanks to D. Bailey Management, who I teamed up with in the final months of 2018.
4. I've been invited to perform at WHIGFEST 2019, opening up for some pretty big acts, including Trampled by Turtles, Tyler Childers, and local-favorite Geri X (this will be my second show with her, and I'm beyond excited).
I know I've been slow on the blogging, but please keep up with my social media to see news updates! I adore your faces <3
Time for a fall update!
As of this month, all of the songs for the new album have been recorded, and are being moved onto the mixing/mastering process! The album will officially be released in Spring 2019, and the title has been decided: Brave. The album will include all new original music, and I even threw in an older song that I originally scratched from "A Thing or Two About a Dream". This is most definitely the biggest project I've gotten myself into, and I'm January 2019 can't come soon enough.
Adding to that, January is also going to see me going back to Anaheim, CA for the NAMM (National Association for Music Merchants) convention! I'll be working closely with Elite Acoustics while sampling their amazing gear. Stay in touch with me to find out if I get chosen to perform - my press kit has been delivered, so pretty soon we should know if I'll be able to showcase!
As for the more immediate future, I'll be continuously playing all around the Bay Bubble, writing new music, and planning for larger endeavors in 2019. I'm thinking of planning a few small tours throughout the year!
The New Album Has Begun! (July-Aug '18)
Hello loves! Summer is coming to an end (still can't believe that), so I figured it was time to update you on what I was up to the last couple months.
As of August, I have officially begun the process of recording my new CD! The new album (yet to be named), is scheduled to be released in December of this year (fingers crossed), or at the very beginning of 2019. The album will contain eight original tracks, and introduces a much bigger sound than my first album - horns, organs, and strings are a few of the new instruments that will be included, which ATOTAAD did not have. I feel like I've grown so much as a songwriter, and the songs have stronger arrangements, deeper lyrics, and more meaningful... well, meanings. Photography for the album has already been completed, and as it stands, I'm already three songs in! For updates, make sure to follow my social media accounts (Instagram and Facebook), as well as this website.
August also saw me being nominated for Creative Loafing's (a local magazine - both print and online - dedicated various entertainment around the 'Bay Area), "Best of the Bay 2018". This is my second time being nominated for this reader's poll, except this time, I have been chosen for three different categories (as opposed to one in 2016): Best Singer/Songwriter, Best Vocalist, and Best Original Pop Act. The winners will be chosen at the end of September. To vote, click here.
In the area of radio-based media, I have been invited to be a guest on two different shows in the U.S:
- Music Business Hacks podcast (airing Aug. 29 @ 10am). The show is hosted by Simon Tam, an author, musician, and activist. His biography states that he is best known for being the bassist for a group called "The Slants", which is "the world’s first and only all-Asian American dance rock band". In addition to this, he his work has been mentioned in various media outlets, including BBC, NPR, and Rolling Stone Magazine. Outside of the music realm, he is also an activist, and has even worked with former-President Barack Obama! I'm so honored to be a guest on his podcast. For more information on Simon, click here ).
- A Los Angeles-based radio program hosted by Sonny Rock (A & M Records, Sony Picture, Warner Bros.. at Capitol Records, Hollywood, L.A). The interview is yet to be scheduled, so keep up with my social media to see when!
Moving across the Atlantic, I am scheduled to be a guest on a radio station in the UK! The interview will be in September, by phone. Information on the radio station can be found here.
Another highlight form 2018's late-summer was in July, when I opened for the 'Bay Area's local songwriting legend, Geri X. As noted in many of my online biographies, radio interviews, and social media posts, Geri is by far one of my biggest inspirations. She's toured the world, released 15 albums (all of which I own), and continues to play regularly and tour. The show took place at The Hub Bar in downtown Tampa, and also featured another popular artist, Rebekah Pulley, who has also had a strong impact on the local music scene.
I'm beyond excited for what the rest of the year has in store, and I'm so touched by the support that I receive every day. Here's to the last 4 months of 2018!