SUMMER/FALL 2020 UPDATE
My goodness, how is everyone! I hope that everyone has been holding up during this shit-storm of a year. I have been holding up the best I can - I've just been talking it day by day.
So, after NAMM, I settled back home to return to my shows and write new music. I wish I could say I wrote a lot during lockdown, but I didn't. I have like, three new songs, so I guess that's better than nothing. I DID, however, release a new single! The song is called "Theodora", and it released July 31 on all major streaming and purchasing platforms (Spotify, iTunes, Google Play, etc). I am really excited that I was able to get the song released! I will be striving to release music as much as I can.
The single has been getting airplay in the UK, as well! So far, it has been in rotation on stations in England, Ireland, Scotland, and Germany. I have a full list typed out on my PRESS KIT page (under the "Appearances/Media" section). I also had the pleasure of doing an interview for a UK-based magazine, "Northern Revive"! It's really awesome to be able to still be involved with music despite the shutdowns.
In other news, I was nominated again for Tampa's Creative Loafing "Best of the Bay" in two categories! I am up for Best Singer/Songwriter and Best Vocalist. Big thanks to whoever made that possible :)
NAMM 2021 has officially been cancelled, which is a huge bummer! Year after year, I managed to get my hands on more opportunities (endorsements, networking, performing at larger venues, etc). I only hope that momentum keeps up once everything goes back to normal. I need to stay positive though!
It's been a rough year for everyone, but I am so thankful to have the support from you guys. I am brainstorming ideas on how to reach more people and create new connections. Maybe I should start a newsletter? A Patreon? We shall see, but I am just happy to be able to continue doing what I love to do. If anyone reads this, please feel free to shoot me a message or reach out through social media. I'd love to connect with you <3
Take care, y'all!
WINTER 2020 UPDATE
Hello loves! Time for another seasonal update!
I started 2020 off with returning to Tampa Bay's Morning Blend! The show airs Jan. 6th at 10am. I discussed my new album, and my upcoming trip to....
NAMM 2020! In addition from being at the Elite Acoustic booth, I'll be doing an exclusive performance at the Yamaha Stage (Marriott)! The show will run from 2-2:40pm, and I'll be doing all original music from the new album, and a few new tunes I've written throughout the year.
On the 17th of January (day 2 of NAMM), I'll be doing another showcase at the House of Blues in Anaheim (near Disneyland) called "Dawn of a Decade". I'll be joined by five other incredible acts from all over the U.S to perform original music. The show runs from 7pm-1am and is free to the public.
In addition to my recent endorsements, I filmed a live full - band cover version of Jefferson Airplane's "Somebody to Love", and it came out great! Huge shoutout to Katie Talbert for your wonderful videography skills, we had so much fun filming this video.
As always, I am continuing to write new music, and I even have plans to release a single within the next few months, so keep an eye out for new music! Thanks to everyone for making this job so much fun - I love y'all!
SUMMER/FALL UPDATE 2019
Woah - it's been about 4 months since I've updated you (with good reason!) Fortunately, my absence has been because of how busy I've been over the summer. A few things:
- The album is doing great! Copies are selling at shows, and I've already gone through the copies that were in stock on Cd Baby. I'm gaining online listeners as well on Spotify, Google Play, Apple Music, etc.
- On July 27th, I was invited to open a show at Jannus Live in St. Pete. This venue is HUGE and it's the biggest stage I've played (right next to the one I played back in 2016 at Coachman Park for the Live Love Local fest). Sponsored by WMNF 88.5 (a Tampa-based independent station that showcases local artists and events), the show was a 50th anniversary tribute to the legendary rock band, Led Zeppelin. With two of my most beloved bandmates by my side, we opened the show with 3 songs - it was a very mellow and stripped down set (perfect for opening the show).
- I've been playing a few shows that are beyond my typical "gig" spots. A few notable residencies I've picked up are:
* Seminole Hard Rock Hotel & Casino (both on the Hard Rock Cafe and Council Oak Steakhouse stages)
* Straz Center (along the Riverwalk)
* Tropicana Field for the TB Rays games
* AC Hotel Tampa (Marriott)
* Tampa International Airport
* Jannus Landing (upstairs from the Jannus Live stage)
- My media presence has been gaining attention as well! I've been doing several podcasts and local radio interviews about the new album. You can find the full list on my ELECTRONIC PRESS KIT under "Media Appearances".
- Currently, my album is being played on various stations across the U.S: Texas, New York, Georgia, Ohio, Massachusetts, and Florida. Even more, the album has gotten airplay INTERNATIONALLY in Canada and Australia.
As always, I'm continuing to write new music, and I'm playing roughly 25-30 shows a month. I couldn't do it without everyone's support, so I thank everyone who has been keeping up with me. I can't even begin to explain how blessed I am to be able to do what I do.
Keep in touch everyone :)
THE ALBUM IS HERE!
It's here! My new album, "Brave" can be found on all popular streaming and downloading sites (Spotify, iHeartRadio, Google Play, Amazon, etc), as well as CDBaby and my live shows!
The link to purchase is here: https://store.cdbaby.com/cd/frankieraye24, and the handle for the streaming and downloading sites are /FrankieRayeMusic!
I'm truly grateful for this entire process, and I'm so excited to hear what everyone thinks!
WINTER 2019 UPDATE
Just a few quick updates for the new year:
1. NAMM was incredible! I met so many talented musicians, including Emily Elbert (one of my personal favorites). On Saturday evening, I was lucky enough to secure a slot at a songwriter showcase in Anaheim. The showcase was at The Fifth, a rooftop bar looking over Disney Land. Incredible - the show was a success! I posted a few clips on my Instagram Account, so you can check out the performance there! Big thanks to Elite Acoustics for allowing me to have a life-changing experience (and or making amazing portable PA systems!). Also thank you to Christian Simmons from SMAX Entertainment for putting together a wonderful showcase for us songwriters to be a part of :)
2. The album is (finally) in the mastering stages, which means this thing should be releasing soon! I don't have an exact date, but once I send in the album to be pressed, I'll have a date. Meanwhile, I'm continuing to promote it through some local radio/tv programs, such as the Songwriter Show, Ally's Attic, and even ABC's Tampa Tampa Bay Morning Blend! The credit for these appearances point to Bruce Wawrzyniak, president of Now Hear This, a management company I've been working with since November of 2017.
3. I'm still playing out daily - I've added a couple bigger venues for this year, including The Straz Riverwalk, and Hard Rock Tampa! As always, you can keep up with those shows on my social media sties, and the live show schedule on this website. This is all thanks to D. Bailey Management, who I teamed up with in the final months of 2018.
4. I've been invited to perform at WHIGFEST 2019, opening up for some pretty big acts, including Trampled by Turtles, Tyler Childers, and local-favorite Geri X (this will be my second show with her, and I'm beyond excited).
I know I've been slow on the blogging, but please keep up with my social media to see news updates! I adore your faces <3